I have a 66 chevelle SS I am doing same thing. It started making squeaking
noises.To make long story short,bearing in turn signal
switch you can get (make sure you get right one there is two)and a lower
bearing on the outside of firewall close to steering box above rag joint
The lower bearing is hard to find.I got a new version from NPD (National Parts
Depot) in Florida thats were i'm at.Thay sent me a bushing instead
of a bearing.So i call them back,thay were very helpful about the bushing.Thay
check with there " GM " tech and said that is what you get now. A
better piece instead of the bearing.So thats what I'm doinig this weekend.

 On Fri 12/03/10  9:15 AM , Dan Solomon dansolo...@msn.com sent: