Sorry, that should have MOLYBDENUM. I am just an operator not a chemist. J

From: chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net
[mailto:chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net] On Behalf Of Tom Rightler
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:53 AM
To: 'The Chevelle Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] engine oil

Some oils that have the appropriate amount of ZDDP in them would be the Brad
Penn oil, Royal Purple, Valvoline VR-1, and Joe Gibbs line.  You can still
run conventional oil, you just need to put in some additive with it such as
Crane Suberlube break in concentrate, or a bottle of ZDDP Plus.  I've been
running Chevron Delo 400 15W-40 in mine but from what I have been reading,
the ZDDP levels are dropping in that as well.  I'm going to be switching to
the Brad Penn 10W-30 when I do all my oil changes this spring.  As for oil
filters, WIX or NAPA GOLD is the ONLY way to go.  The Wix part number for
V-8 Chevy engines is 51069 and the NAPA Gold number is 1069.  They are the
same filter, just relabeled for NAPA distribution.

Tom Rightler

MCC Newsletter Editor

http://www.mdchevelleclub.com