You may want to just check your grounds. When mine stopped working, I
removed my sending unit and moved the sending unit up and down and had a
friend look at the gauge. It read perfectly, letting me know that it was
just the grounds. Unless the sending unit is real old, or you got lots o
$$$. There is no reason to fix something that is not broken. Also, most
importantly, on my 66, I was able to get the sending unit out without
dropping the tank. I need to recheck my ground later today when I can as my
unit reads fine til 1/4 tank, then goes past full. So I need to recheck my
ground too.
Dan