The gun your looking at should be fine. Like Harlan, I also use a 1.4 gravity
feed (although I actually prefer the HVLP gun) for epoxy primers. It lays down
very nicely with this gun in my hands.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: harkema...@aol.com
  To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
  Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 11:49 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Primer Gun

  In a message dated 11/5/2010 10:29:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
ric...@gmail.com writes:

    I need a gun to spray PPG  epoxy primer.   The info sheet for the primer I
will be using says to use a 1.3-1.6 tip

  the epoxy primer is thicker than paint, but is just a sealer,--- it is a
non-sandable primer and not as thick as the sandable primer (Prima K36- which
would require a 1.8 or above) I use the DP40LF all the time and use a 1.4
gravity gun, the gravity feed gun seems to lay it down a little smoother than
the HVLP-( some times i will add a bit of DT thinner to make it flow out
bettter)- but your results may differ.

  Harlan