Spent 2 mornings there.  Had a great time.  Don't know whether I'm inspired
to get my elky back on the road or discouraged by the high quality of
workmanship on display.   I also learned several things:
1- LS type motors will fit in anything.

2-Big (18inch+)  wheels DON"T belong on classics from the 50's 60's or
70's.

3-If a 57 Chevy has "Fuel Injection" badges on the fender,  it is probably
NOT a Rochester unit (see 1 above).

4-Don't throw anything away if it is worn, rusted or generally unusable -
The "Rat Rod"  crowd can find a use for virtually anything.  It probably
is   as much work to achieve the "correct" patina on a rat rod as to achieve
a first class paint job on a classic or rod.

5- Many AC Cobra kit car owners insist on listing their vehicles as a 64 or
65....and I'm sorry but even as a chevy guy I can't condone an LS
    motor in a   Cobra.

6-I like seeing MOPAR street rods with  MOPAR propulsion; and Ford Street
rods with a Ford powerplant.  I understand that a 350 is cheaper    to
build, but really.

7-An ORIGINAL unmolested 41 Willys  Autocar is a cool and rare car in its
own right.

8-An unrestored (needing it)  52 Pontiac All Steel Woodie Wagon with a 389
should NOT be advertised with the tag line "Its Only Original
      Once"!

9-Its cool as heck to watch the AutoCross, where an unknown from Kansas
dominates the "PRO" autocrossers.  Including Kyle & Stacy from  Detroit
Speed, A Hotchkiss Truck, a Camaro built for Spectre and a Mustang from a
"Name" shop.   I don't know how it ended, but at noon on
  Friday the unknown had a full second lead in a 40 second or so lap.

10-During the October GoodGuys Event,  *I AM* going to take a 150MPH ride
with the pseudo-NASCAR  concession.

11-  It is entirely possible to get overloaded with great  cars.  After 2 or
3 hours they started looking  very similar.  Maybe I'm just getting to be a
grouchy ole man [?]
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino

<<330.gif>>