Title: chhattisgarh-net

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1a.
Re: Chhattisgarh DGP's Berkeley visit From: ravikiran.shrivastav

Message

1a.

Re: Chhattisgarh DGP's Berkeley visit

Posted by: "ravikiran.shrivastav" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ravikiran.shrivastav

Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:25 am (PDT)

Smita's note-
This mail is being released because it points to specifics during the debate in Berkeley.
A search of the messages by Nandini and blackout will show up the rest of the messages at the time.
Nandini has clearly stated her condemnations there.

Ravikira's letter reads as follows

Dear friends,

I was watching this debate for a long time. Recently, I got a chance
to see the video of this conference posted by one of the group
member. In the video, I could see that during question answer
sessions DGP was interrupted by number of times. He was not allowed
to speak in many instances. I dont think this is the correct way to
treat a guest speaker in a conference. Finally, after conference some
people were shouting slogan. I can hear the slogans like.

1. sharam karo , sharam karo, DGP sharam karo

2. bagal me chhuri, mooh me ram, DGP kare kataleaam

3. gandhi gori ki sarkar , nahi chalegi nahi chalegi.

I felt that shouting slogans like this is a insult of a guest
speaker. I also see the question raised by Nandini sunder about
sending article to the newspaper condemning the blackout by naxalite.
But I find that organizer did not gave chance to sunil kumar to reply
of nandini sunder on why they did not publish the article. I was
curious and searched the old archive of this group. Nandini sunder is
writing in this group for a long time. I felt that Nandini sunder
would have sent the letter in this group but I was unable to find any
message by nandini sunder related to condemn of Naxalite blackout in
this group. I also dont see any message by nandini sunder in this
group condeming the violence of naxalites. I might be wrong. I think
as a member of this group nandini sunder can write and correct me .

Regards,
Ravikiran

--- In chhattisgarh-[EMAIL PROTECTED]com, Nandini Sundar
<nandinisundar@...> wrote:

> Dear Rahul and Manju Sainath
>
> I was part of the panel on CG specifically and I can say that the
DGP was not 'insulted'.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance