1.

Fwd: [PRC] creating locale for Chhattisgarhi Language

Posted by: "Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदà¤" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   fredericknoronha

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:38 am (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sayamindu Dasgupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED].org>
Date: 2008/11/21
Subject: Re: [PRC] creating locale for Chhattisgarhi Language
To: Free/Libre and Open Source Software Project List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Ravishankar Shrivastava
<raviratlami@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gora,
>
> Presently, there is no Language Locale defined anywhere for
> Chhattisgarhi Language. Kindly do needful / guide me so that this can be
> created/added ASAP.
>
> KDE 4.2 release is closing around 15 January 2008. We will try to add
> Chhattisgarhi language with sufficient translations. BUT - Locale etc
> must be added first.
>
> I had already applied here :
> http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/criteria1.html
> as had suggested by Rajesh Ranjan, but I had got no communication from them.

FWIW, ISO-639-3 defines Chattisgarhi to be 'hne'.
http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=hne
Thanks,
Sayamindu

Sayamindu Dasgupta
Knowlege is power... share it equitably!

FN * Independent Journalist http://fn.goa-india.org
Blog: http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com
Tech links from South Asia: http://twitter.com/fn
M: +91-9822122436 P: +91-832-2409490