1a.

Re: Chhattisgarh not to acquire agricultural land for industries

Posted by: "op goel" opg...@yahoo.com   opgoel

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:48 am (PST)

Congratulations to Dr Raman Singh for a very bold step in deciding not to acquire private land for industries. This should set at rest several controversies which had cropped up due to private land acquisition for industries.

opgoel

--- On Sat, 12/27/08, Shubhranshu Choudhary <s...@cgnet.in> wrote:

From: Shubhranshu Choudhary <s...@cgnet.in>
Subject: [chhattisgarh-net] Chhattisgarh not to acquire agricultural land for industries
To: chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 3:57 PM

Chhattisgarh not to acquire agricultural land for industries

*Raipur, Dec 27 : Chhattisgarh's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government
said Saturday it would now only provide government-owned or barren land for
setting up new industrial units, instead of agricultural land.*

"Industries are very essential for social and economic development of
the
state as well as ensuring jobs to local people but we will provide either
government-owned or barren land for the industrial units coming up," Chief
Minister Raman Singh told reporters.

He said that his government would soon start identifying such
government-owned and barren land across the state.

"In the process of industrialisation, the government is committed to fully
take care of farmers' interests and will give all kind of support to
agriculture-based industries in larger interests of the farmers," Singh
said.

The announcement assumes major significance against the backdrop of several
industrial projects in the state being stuck for years as the government is
finding it tough to complete acquisition of land for the purpose.

Even Tata Steel and Essar Steel that signed deals with state government in
2005 for five million tonnes per annum (MTPA) plant and 3.2 MTPA plant
respectively have not been able to start their projects due to farmers'
protests in mineral-rich Bastar region, where these factories were due to
come up.

Singh, who took oath Dec 12 for the second term in a row as chief minister,
said his government would focus on infrastructure development, ensuring food
security and containing migration of poor people who leave annually in large
numbers for other states in search of jobs.

--- IANS

1b.

Re: Chhattisgarh not to acquire agricultural land for industries

Posted by: "Ramesh Agrawal" ramesh.agra...@gmail.com   rameshsatyam

Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:44 pm (PST)

Let us hope Dr. Raman really mean and not a political statement. I will hold my congratulations for some time.
Ramesh
[...]

2.

Chhattisgarh govt threatening to issue notices to SECL

Posted by: "Shubhranshu Choudhary" s...@cgnet.in

Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:46 pm (PST)

Chhattisgarh govt threatening to issue notices to SECL

Raipur , Dec 27 Union minister of state for coal Santosh Bagrodia said
that the Chhattisgarh government was threatening to issue notices to
officials of South Eastern Coalfield Limited (SECL) if they go in for
higher coal production in the state.

The minister said he was in the state to discuss the matter along with
several other issues with chief minister Raman Singh.

It has come to the coal ministry&aposs notice that state government is
threatening to issue notices to SECL officials as they try to enhance
coal production in the state.

"I am here to discuss the matter with the chief minister as we want to
increase coal production to fulfill the demands," Bargrodia told
newsmen at the Congress Bhawan at Raipur today.

The minister said the coal ministry would take necessary action on
enhancing the coal production and if needed the state government make
necessary amendments in the existing law to increase productivity.

"We need more coal as demand is increasing every year. To fulfil this
demand we have to increase production and if needed we have to make
necessary amendments in the existing law,"he said.

The minister said other issues like delay in forest clearances, land
acquisition for mining and compensatory afforestation would also be
taken up during his meeting with the chief minister.

Source: PTI

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance