Title: chhattisgarh-net

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Information on Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh Natya Samaroh by IPTA Ra

Posted by: "girish mishra" mgiris...@yahoo.co.in   mgirishin

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm (PST)

Dear Sudha,

Appreciate your concern and taken this in a positive spirit only. Since this mail is to the group, it’s must that members should know the facts. Jindal had given some 1,00,000  three years before and it was not sponsorship, we all must have organized some or the other events in our life and we know that the in 1 L it’s difficult to organize anything.

No jay jay kar was done for Jindal

About Shri Vishwaranjan, he is a writer and poet and comes from a well known family ( he is grandson of Firakh Gorakhpuri). We can not mix professional and personal activities.

 The Great Russian – Ukraine scientist Vladimir Vernadsky wrote “Where should we seek our pillar? In infinity, in creative action, in the infinite capacities of the human mind”

I am thankful to you for appreciating efforts by IPTA, but please understand everything is not sponsored.

If you are in Raipur please come and enjoy the play, you will realize the efforts put in by members of IPTA.

Thanks

Girish Mishra

1b.

Re: Information on Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh Natya Samaroh by IPTA Ra

Posted by: "rahul" aaroh...@yahoo.com   aarohini

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:56 am (PST)

Arranging funds for progressive activities is always a problem. Whether they are cultural action or political or legal action. Some people have succeeded in keeping their funding sources absolutely pure and all kudos to them. However i must confess that i myself have not been able to do so. working at a very small level it is possible to use tainted funds and yet retain operational and ideological independence as i have done but it is doubtful whether a full challenge to the present system can be mounted on the strength of such funding. the problem is that the people we work for are so immiserised that they just cannot bear the heavy expenses of sustained progressive action of any kind. the khedut mazdoor chetna sangath for example which had managed to sustain itself somehow all these years on funds contributed by well wishers and adivasi members took a decision last year to source institutional funding and has as a consequence considerably increased its
activities and impact. so as long as like girish we are aware of the shortcomings of such funding in the long run i feel it may be useful to source such funds in the short run without in any way justifying this.

Rahul Banerjee

74,Krishnodayanagar,Khandwa naka,Indore,Madhya Pradesh, India-452001
Cell no: +919926791773
webpage: http://rahulbanerjee.notlong.com
blog: http://anar-kali.blogspot.com