1a.

Re: Annual meet of CGnet at Bilaspur area

Posted by: "rahul" aaroh...@yahoo.com   aarohini

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:52 am (PST)

trafficking of tribal women from north cg is a serious problem and definitely needs to be discussed along with other gender issues.

Rahul Banerjee

74,Krishnodayanagar,Khandwa naka,Indore,Madhya Pradesh, India-452001

Cell no: +919926791773

webpage: http://rahulbanerjee.notlong.com

blog: http://anar-kali.blogspot.com

--- On Tue, 24/2/09, vijendra Aznabi <vij...@gmail.com> wrote:
From: vijendra Aznabi <vij...@gmail.com>
Subject: [chhattisgarh-net] Re: Annual meet of CGnet at Bilaspur area
To: chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 24 February, 2009, 10:32 AM

Can we devote one session to Women's issue in Chhattisgarh.

Especially, having discussion on Girl trafficking in North CG,

violence on women, and seeing NREGA, right to food schemes and Forest

Rights from Women perspective.

Vijendra

2.

Petition demanding release of Shamim Modi

Posted by: "Ms Chanda Asani" chanda_as...@yahoo.co.uk   chanda_asani

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 am (PST)

Dear friends,

A couple of days ago had posted details about the harassment of Shamim
Modi of the Shramik Adivasi Sanghathan, Harda, Madhya Pradesh.

Please sign this petition in her support.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Shamim/petition.html

in solidarity,

Laxmi
Women's Resource Centre
Above Unit 105-108
Defence Colony Flyover Market
New Delhi 100 024

Please note that our email address has changed. Write to us at
saheliwomen@gmail.com

3a.

Re: NREGS: CAG slams Chhatisgarh govt

Posted by: "rahul" aaroh...@yahoo.com   aarohini

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 am (PST)

the nirmal gram awards are an even bigger hoax than the nrega where there is still some monitoring going on. a decent toilet in which one would like to sit and shit and that would also not contaminate the underground water needs atleast Rs 15000 to build. but the subsidy being provided is only Rs 2000. consequently a very shoddy toilet is built which is rarely used. and where it is used it seriously contaminates the ground water leading to diseases and loss of earnings much greater than when the people are defecating in the open.