1.

Badhai

Posted by: "Bhan Sahu" bhans...@yahoo.com

Mon May 25, 2009 4:35 am (PDT)

Yeh achchi khabar hai. Akhirkaar Dr. Binayak Sen zamaanat per riha kar diye gaye. Sabko bahut-bahut badhai. Lekin hamein yaad rakhna hoga ke tathakathit saakaajik surkhcha ke naam per laagu CG ka kaley kanun ke tahat ek hazaar se adhik bagunaah naagrik jailon mein hain. Ab hamein in sabhi ki rehai ke barey mein sochana hoga, is kaaley kanun ke khilaf sabhi ko aagey aana hoga.

Uttam Kumar
On behalf of Jurmil Morcha
Ambagah Chouki, Rajnandgaon Mob 09907120644

2.

Binayak Sen gets bail

Posted by: "Release Binayak" releasebina...@gmail.com

Mon May 25, 2009 4:35 am (PDT)

*Dear All,*
*This is great news! Thanks to each and everyone who came out in support of
Dr. Binayak Sen and the Raipur Satyagraha. *
**
*The Supreme Court has affirmed the Right to Democratic Dissent by granting
Dr. Sen unconditional bail! *
**
*Lets hope this is a beginning and all who have been incarcerated unjustly
are also given favourable judgements! *
**
*Thank you all once again... our struggle for justice will continue...*
**
*In solidarity,*
*Rakhi*
**
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/SC-grants-bail-to-Binayak-Sen/articleshow/4574543.cms
*Civil rights activist Binayak Sen gets bail*
25 May 2009, 1156 hrs IST, TIMES NEWS NETWORK & AGENCIES
Print<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-4574543,prtpage-1.cms>
Email <_javascript_:openWindowmail('/mail/4574543.cms');> Discuss
Share<_javascript_:void(0)>
Save <_javascript_:showdivlayer('4574543','t','close');>
Comment<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/SC-grants-bail-to-Binayak-Sen/articleshow/4574543.cms#write>
Text:
NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to civil
rights<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/SC-grants-bail-to-Binayak-Sen/articleshow/4574543.cms#>activist
Binayak Sen, who has been lodged in a Raipur jail for over two years
under unproven charges of links with Maoists in Chhattisgarh. ( Watch
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videoshow/4574804.cms>)

He has been given bail on a personal bond in a hearing that lasted just one
minute. The bail was granted by a vacation bench of Justice Markandey Katju
and Justice Deepak Verma.

Former law minister Shanti Bhushan, appearing for Sen, had earlier pleaded
to the court to accord an urgent hearing to Sen's bail plea in view of his
precarious health condition, according to IANS.

A bench of Justice D K Jain and Justice B S Reddy had on May 4 issued notice
to the Chhattisgarh government on Sen's bail plea.

While seeking its reply, the bench had also ordered the state government to
provide him the "best possible medical aid" for the heart ailment he has
been suffering from.

The Chhattisgarh government has booked Sen, the vice president of People's
Union for Civil
Liberties<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/SC-grants-bail-to-Binayak-Sen/articleshow/4574543.cms#>(PUCL)
under the stringent anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention
Act, for his alleged links with Maoists.

He was arrested May 14, 2007 and accused of acting as a courier for an
alleged Maoist lodged in
jail<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/SC-grants-bail-to-Binayak-Sen/articleshow/4574543.cms#>.
On May 4, former law minister Ram Jethmalani, appearing for Sen, had sought
bail for him pleading that "the case against him has already been demolished
in the trial court as all the material witnesses in the case have been
examined" and none of them have deposed against him.

Jethmalani had contended that despite the case against Sen having been
demolished, the Chhattisgarh High Court was not entertaining his bail plea.

--
Visit http://www.binayaksen.net/
3.

STATEMENT OF SUPPORT FOR RELEASE OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI - Urgent for en

Posted by: "Achan Mungleng" amungl...@gmail.com   amungleng

Mon May 25, 2009 5:44 am (PDT)

> ------------------------------
> Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 08:30:00 +0530
> Subject: STATEMENT OF SUPPORT FOR RELEASE OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI - URGENT FOR
> ENDORSEMT
> From: saheliwomen@gmail.com
> To: saheliwomen@gmail.com
>
> STATEMENT OF SUPPORT FOR RELEASE OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI - URGENT FOR ENDORSEMT
>

> Dear all,
>
> Hi. On Wednesday, 27th May, Aung San Suu Kyi was meant to have been
> released from house arrest...instead of which, she is, as we all know
> undergoing trial in a totally trumped up and absurd case. The GOI of
> course hasn't spoken out against this atrocity, but actually, so far,
> neither have we all... So here's a statement we've got together in Delhi -
> and we plan to release it to the press on 27th May itself at a public
> meeting + press conference between 11am-2pm at the Constitution Club in
> Delhi.
>
> So do sign - as individuals/groups, whatever... and send back to Saheli by Tuesday
> evening. All please do fwd hither and thither to those who may want to do
> the same...
>
> Also, would be great if any of you could join the event.
>
> Sorry if you receive this on several lists you may be subscribed to.
>
> In solidarity,
> Vani
>

> -----------------------------
>
> **
>
> *STATEMENT OF SUPPORT FOR RELEASE OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI*
>
> *We, women’s groups, students’ groups, health groups, democratic rights’
> groups, civil society organizations and concerned individuals* express our
> deep distress at the recent political developments in Burma.
>
> On 14 May 2009, Nobel Laureate Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, 63, who has been
> under house arrest for 13 of the past 19 years was transferred to the
> notorious Insein Jail in Rangoon by the Burmese military junta, State Peace
> and Development Council (SDPC) and is being ttried at special court on
> trumped-up charges of violating the terms of her house arrest. Her current
> six-year term under house arrest was to come to an end on 27 May, 2009.
>
> Diplomats and journalists are being prevented from attending the trial.
> Clearly, this is an attempt to preemptively sabotage the election scheduled
> by the SPDC itself in 2010. It is also an attempt to crush the spirit of Daw
> Suu and other pro democracy voices from Burma, and persist with a regime
> that is best known for its brazen suppression of human rights of the people
> of Burma all over the country.*
> *
>
> *As progressive, pro democracy voices from India, we condemn this and
> demand the immediate and unconditional release of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and
> all the political prisoners.*
>
> *We urge the SPDC to recognize the demand of the people of Burma and their
> freedom to choose their own leader and government.*
>
> Leaders and governments the world over have issued statements condemning
> [...]
4.

DAUGHTERS" MARRIAGE

Posted by: "kishore diwase" kishore_diw...@yahoo.com   kishore_diwase

Mon May 25, 2009 5:59 pm (PDT)

DEAR ALL FRIENDS
Cheers. I m sure you will shower cordial blessings to my daughter Sapna who is marrying on 1st June. Weding card is attached herewith. Keep Smiling- Kishore Diwase