Title: chhattisgarh-net

Messages In This Digest (8 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: What is development and whose development are we talking about?

Posted by: "alok_ksharma" alok_ksha...@yahoo.com   alok_ksharma

Tue Sep 8, 2009 9:30 am (PDT)

Just as a side point and without trying to dilute the waste of people's money by the government.

I am not sure how much of these pension expenses is the money being transferred from Raipur to Bhopal to take care of the pension liabilities of ex united Madhya Pradesh. But I am interested to know if Chattisgarh is liable for those pension commitments and did it ever need or use the services of those government agencies.

Back in the days when Chattisgarh was ruled by Bhopal, I remember Chattisgarh used to contribute 2/3rds of the state revenue but used only 1/3rd of expenses and services. So year over year there was a silent transfer of wealth from Chattisgarh to the rest of MP.

Alok

--- In chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com, "shu36garh" <smita...@...> wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> 13th Finance Commission report gives some data on the state's expenditure on Salary and pensions
>
> In the year 2001 Chhattisgarh spent Rs 858 crores in Salary and pension on its employees and in 2009 the same figure has reached Rs 6360 crores. Almost an 8 fold increase in as many years
>
> Can a state sustain this kind of increase in expenditure?
>
> regards
> Shubhranshu

1b.

Re: What is development and whose development are we talking about?

Posted by: "dearsaby" dears...@yahoo.com   dearsaby

Tue Sep 8, 2009 9:41 am (PDT)

Dear friend,

You have mentioned the 8 fold increase in the salary and pensions of the government servants. Could you also tell us about the amount of money pocketed by the same , which was meant for development and distribution under various government programs for the poor and the elderly citizens of the country?

Sebastian

In chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com, "shu36garh" <smita...@...> wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> 13th Finance Commission report gives some data on the state's expenditure on Salary and pensions
>
> In the year 2001 Chhattisgarh spent Rs 858 crores in Salary and pension on its employees and in 2009 the same figure has reached Rs 6360 crores. Almost an 8 fold increase in as many years
>
> Can a state sustain this kind of increase in expenditure?
>
> regards
> Shubhranshu

2.

Distribution of forest-land deed in Chhattisgarh will be over by De

Posted by: "malini_s ." malin...@sify.com

Tue Sep 8, 2009 9:36 am (PDT)

I often wonder if it is being too shortsighted to keep wondering 'how'
can this task of handing over forest pattas to rightful tribal owners
be accomplished and in so short a time, etc. Perhaps we are missing a
much bigger gameplan of the State of pushing a community towards
private ownership and then claim it back to profit-making vested
interests - the corporates. Afterall isn't LAA and attempts to
amend protective measures such as the state tenancy acts a calculated
move towards that? Aren't the torchbearers of tribal rights being
entrapped into achieving what the advocates of capitalists actually
seek ?

Malini

3a.

Re: Bundelkhand :   Where NREGA is a failure

Posted by: "dearsaby" dears...@yahoo.com   dearsaby

Tue Sep 8, 2009 9:43 am (PDT)

Dear friends,

Our ex prime minister Rajeev Gandhi had already declared that all the govt. projects are going to fail and ordinary people will not benefit from them when he said that only 16 paise froma rupee reaches the rural areas. So this is no wonder if the NREGA is a failure in Bundelkhand. But in which place is it a success? Of course comparatively there are places which is doing better than Bundelkhand. As long as politicians and the bureaucrats are hand in glove to amass the wealth by hook or crook things will not change.

Sebastian

- In chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com, rahul <aaroh...@...> wrote:

> The clubbing of Kapildhara and NREGS has indeed been a disaster. Upto thirty wells have been dug in some villages in western Madhya Pradesh with most of them being failures. Bigger set of idiots than the bureaucracy in Madhya Pradesh will be difficult to find.
>
> Rahul Banerjee

4a.

Re: Why is Bhaskar and Express afraid to print the response to  Shek

Posted by: "rahul" aaroh...@yahoo.com   aarohini

Tue Sep 8, 2009 9:45 am (PDT)

There is a picture in the Hindustan Indore edition of today (should have been published one day earlier in Delhi as Indore gets the national news a day late) which shows farmers in Punjab demonstrating enmasse for cheap electricity supply for atleast eight hours a day for their pumpsets.

Rahul Banerjee
74,Krishnodayanagar,Khandwa naka,Indore,Madhya Pradesh, India-452001
Cell no: +919926791773
webpage: http://rahulbanerjee.notlong.com
blog: http://anar-kali.blogspot.com