Title: chhattisgarh-net

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Statement by Concerned Citizens: Govt shd respond to Maoist offe

Posted by: "op goel" opg...@yahoo.com   opgoel

Mon Mar 1, 2010 6:46 am (PST)

Intentions of the so called human rights activists have always been suspect as they have suffered at the hands of the state at one time or the other.This has coloured their thinking for ever. Even if the state ever was to take a positive step, they would see a shadow behind it.

Most of the so called human rights activists have pretensions of intellectual prowess and pride themselves in being members of the intellectual club which also has CPM[maoists] activists in a big measure.These activists very strongly feel that they alone are the sole torch bearers of human suffering and the Indian poor. It is another matter that almost all of them have studied in a foreign university, have had the best upbringing and comfortably live in a metro.A majority of them write well but their writing is majorly based on demeaning the Indian state and the Indian conditions but that is what brings them big bucks from the foreign shores.

Amongst the present human rights activists, there is hardly anyone who could be a credible mediator to act as a strong link between the state and the maoists.

But we do have someone outside the above group who could fill this slot. He is Ramchandra Guha as he is not only objective but has credibly conducted himself and knows his facts well. I greatly wish that the maoists come down to the negotiating table for a brighter and better future for the very people that they are fighting a war against the Indian state.

opgoel