On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Taylor Venable <tay...@metasyntax.net>wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Mario Domenech Goulart <
> mario.goul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Those are bugs.  The version indicated by the .setup file doesn't match
>> the one indicated by the tag directory.
>>

> We had this problem with the packaging system I wrote for work; there we
> have a scanning program that I run periodically to e.g. verify that things
> like this match up (the Subversion location to the "recipe" version as we
> say). It can even attempt to use Subversion to find out who is responsible
> so they can be notified. I can reinvent that for the Egg repository if
> people think that would be useful. :-)
>
> --
> Taylor C. Venable
> http://metasyntax.net/

I went ahead and threw together a little program just to see if I could do
it quickly; it turned out to be a fun exercise. It's on my Mercurial at
http://bitbucket.org/taylor_venable/metasyntax/src/tip/Programs/egg-scan.scm

The results (filtered out to show mismatches that the program can detect -
anything resulting from defining and then using a variable for the version
would currently go unnoticed) are attached.

--
Taylor C. Venable
http://metasyntax.net/
      Error: sdl                     version mismatch - expected 0.5.0    found
v0.4.51117.5
      Error: sdl                     version mismatch - expected 0.5.1    found
v0.5.1
      Error: peep                    version mismatch - expected 0.2.2    found
0.3
      Error: imlib2                  version mismatch - expected 0.7      found
0.6
      Error: utf8                    version mismatch - expected 3.1.0    found
3.0.0
      Error: srfi-42                 version mismatch - expected 1.61     found
1.6
      Error: lalr                    version mismatch - expected 2.3.1    found
2.3.0
      Error: setup-helper            version mismatch - expected 1.1.0    found
1.0.0
      Error: srfi-41                 version mismatch - expected 1.0.2    found
1.0.0
      Error: srfi-41                 version mismatch - expected 1.0.1    found
1.0.0
      Error: srfi-41                 version mismatch - expected 1.0.3    found
1.0.0
      Error: chicken-doc-admin       version mismatch - expected 0.3.9    found
0.3.8
      Error: php-s11n                version mismatch - expected 1.0.2    found
1.0.1
      Error: sandbox                 version mismatch - expected 1.6      found
1.41
      Error: npdiff                  version mismatch - expected 1.11     found
1.1
      Error: npdiff                  version mismatch - expected 1.10     found
1.1
      Error: linenoise               version mismatch - expected 0.2      found
0.1
      Error: format-textdiff         version mismatch - expected 1.5      found
1.6
      Error: syslog                  version mismatch - expected 1.0      found
0.1
      Error: http-session            version mismatch - expected 2.0      found
2.0.0
      Error: uri-generic             version mismatch - expected 1.10     found
1.1
      Error: qt                      version mismatch - expected 0.100    found
0.1
      Error: fmt                     version mismatch - expected 0.700    found
0.7
      Error: fmt                     version mismatch - expected 0.520    found
0.52
      Error: interp1d                version mismatch - expected 1.10     found
1.1
      Error: dict                    version mismatch - expected 2.1      found
2.0
      Error: foreigners              version mismatch - expected 1.1      found
1.0
      Error: svn-client              version mismatch - expected 0.11     found
0.10
      Error: unitconv                version mismatch - expected 1.8      found
1.7
      Error: sendfile                version mismatch - expected 1.6.0    found
1.5.2
      Error: z3                      version mismatch - expected 1.40     found
1.4
      Error: lru-cache               version mismatch - expected 0.5.2    found
0.5
      Error: lru-cache               version mismatch - expected 0.5.1    found
0.5
      Error: html-form               version mismatch - expected 1.2.1    found
1.2
      Error: specialized-io          version mismatch - expected 1.1      found
1.0
      Error: json-abnf               version mismatch - expected 3.0      found
1.3
      Error: elliptic-curves         version mismatch - expected 1.0.1    found
1.0.0
      Error: sqlite3                 version mismatch - expected 3.3.0    found
3.2.1
      Error: loop                    version mismatch - expected 0.2      found
1.2
      Error: matrix-utils            version mismatch - expected 1.10     found
1.1
      Error: check-errors            version mismatch - expected 1.1.0    found
1.0.0
      Error: check-errors            version mismatch - expected 1.4.0    found
1.0.0
      Error: check-errors            version mismatch - expected 1.3.0    found
1.0.0
      Error: check-errors            version mismatch - expected 1.2.0    found
1.0.0
      Error: check-errors            version mismatch - expected 1.5.0    found
1.0.0
      Error: tinyclos                version mismatch - expected 1.8.1    found
1.8.0
      Error: spiffy-request-vars     version mismatch - expected 0.10     found
0.1