|
I have to agree. I am the last person to judge anyone, but, when I got my fur-babies I made a promise to them to keep them with me for their life time. I started out with 1 Yorkie and then we adopted a Chihuahua and another Yorkie. They are my life and my comfort. I am disabled and my little ones are the ones that bring joy to me. We found out a month ago that our youngest Yorkie (Muffin) has Cancer and we cannot expect her to live past another 9-12 months. The news was so devastating that you might as well have told us that one of us had Cancer. A dog (any breed or size or age) is a lifelong commitment. Puppies and Babies are cute... they grow up..Children when grown go to College or leave home.. Dogs remain by your side, faithful and trusting for their lifetome
Time to get off my soapbox now.
Chi Hugs, Marilyn and crew
-------Original Message-------
Date: 02/14/06 20:59:43
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: My Chi's are my babies
In a message dated 2/14/2006 12:57:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I hope I don't offend you, but TRADING A DOG? How cruel can you possibly get? That little brindle Chi is a living, breathing, thinking, feeling creature that was probably scared to death, not mention wondering what he had done wrong to deserve being dumped so casually. My Chi's are my babies and I could no more trade any one of them than I could trade off my husband for a newer model. It was great that you wanted a pup, but you should have kept the brindle too. I true dog lover always has room in his or her heart for one more.
Gloria
====================================
Let me first say that I don't know the complete story here, my response is only to say, I agree with Gloria, that my little dog, is part of my family. He's my first dog in my adult life. When he joined my family, I made a spiritual pact with him, to take care of him, until the end of his days, or mine.
I wondered if he would be on my death bed, as I have HIV, or me on his. I just don't know which would be more heart wrenching (for me).
But, I have made a pact with him, I will take care of him, in any way I can, for life.
Bill (SFO) San Francisco CA
|