I'm not an expert - but have been researching Chi's for a long time.
Been going to shows. Talking to breeders.  And just about memorizing the
Chihuahua Club of America's website :-P

Apple head is what you want.  It is the breed standard.  Apple vs Deer
is not two different types of chis.  Apple describes what their head
should look like.

Go to http://www.chihuahuaclubofamerica.com and you can see the breed
standard and more about the "apple head"

Sandi Spears
Please help Rolie Polie Olie
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4085603

Mastiff Hope Rescue