Marsha,

I'm still too new to the Chihuahua breed to be of much help to you in selecting a stud dog for your lines but back in the day when I was breeding and showing dogs I not only looked at the dog in question but also the dog's pedigree. I didn't want the stud dog or his lines to have the same fault(s) that my girl or the lines she came from had. I also find it very helpful if you are able to see photos of some of the dogs in the pedigree.

How far of a drive do you have to make to go see this boy?

Kat

marsha Taylor wrote:

Hey, everyone, check out this pic. I am considering getting it as a companion for Ginger. She is still in a depressive state, so I think it would be best to move forward with getting her a mate. However, right now I can't really afford the quality I am looking for! However, this one seems pretty close, but is a LONG drive to go get. Before I make the trip to see him, I thought I would check with some of you to see what you think. He is 3 lbs. so the size is appropriate. I am not liking the way the tail is looking in the pic. Supposedly, it is only down like that because he was scared at the time. Of course, once I see him in person I could better tell his quality, but like I said....hate to drive that far for nothing. Can't tell well in this pic, but in other pics, his nose appears shorter and head rounder...... Give me your opinions! Of course, he would have to be tested for genetic issues ect., before I would breed him. My biggest fear is that he is an "unknown". I have not used an unproven stud before and it kinda worries me, but I gotta start somewhere. It will take me generations to build back up to where I was. Marsha