Hi all

This is kind of a sad post to make but I hope it will help someone's doggie in the future.  There was a group I belonged to a while back (not a dog group-hedgehogs). It was a huge group and the people in it were pretty brilliant on animal behavior in general.  (too much email though)  It was really the consensus that if a pet (or a person) in the household dies for the remaining pets to spend time with that passed individual/pet.  Dogs are very smart and I think they understand more than they are sometimes given credit for if given a chance.  Marsha-here is an interesting link on pet grief and the anxiety and it's actually written by a vet!  Food for thought.

katie