I said I was switching from Maxximum Nutrition to Bil Jac which seems
awful high quality to me at $25 a bag and vaccuum packed, fresh meat
and all that.
I find it humorous that people go so overboard on the "good food-bad
food" thing when long ago I had a Great Dane that was just
GORGEOUS...no fat, great muscle tone, shiny coat.  A vet I was just
using to get rabies shots from as I gave him his other shots myself
commented on how beautiful he was and not overweight like so many she
saw and asked what food he was on.  At the time, my now ex husband
would have never ever spent a ton of money on food so we either
bought a big bag of high protein food from the feed supply store for
$7 or we bought Petsmart's brand.  Makes me wonder about all this so
called "high quality" food.

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, Jen-CA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> You can also keep Karo syrup in their water at all times.  I would
suggest a high quality food and Wal-Mart is not the place for that.
I would also suggest a high quality can food and a tablespoon morning
and night.  It sounds like he has Coccidia and a severe case at
that.  Honey is good, Nutrical is better.  Always make sure they are
eating, if they do not like the food you offer, mix it with boiled
chicken then slowly remove the boiled chicken until all they are
eating is the kibble.  These little ones CANNOT go without food.  If
they are not eating, find something they will eat.  Nutrical also
stimulates them to want to eat but do not give to much of it you can
end up with the runs with will dehydrate your pup.

>   Good luck, let us know how it goes.
>
>   Jen-CA
>
> KAT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   I'm so sorry to hear about Sparky. It sounds like he may have
hypoglycimea, hopfully he wont have to have surgery. We're having
problems with our little girl "Tia" not eating enough and I
constantly worry about her going in to hypoglycimea. I give her a
little NutraCal once a day. If you don't have NutraCal on hand I've
been told that you can give them a dab of honey everyday.   Please
keep us posted on Sparky's progress.   Kat   nicksbedwarmer wrote:
My 12-week-old Chihuahua, Sparky, is at the emergency vet clinic
> tonight.  We just got him Tuesday night, late, and he threw up in
the
> car going home.  Then, he threw up the next morning before going to
> my vet for a checkup and a booster, since he was due.  The vet said
> it was probably just nerves and getting adjusted to a new home.
> Fine.  Yesterday, Friday, he ate nothing at all and only drank a
> small bit a couple of times.  Today, Saturday (just to clariy as
it's
> 1:10 a.m. as I type this so technically Sunday) he ate a teeny tiny
> amount and drank some but then, about 10:45 p.m., he was sleeping
> peacefully on my chest while I read a Chihuahua book I got at the
> library and then woke up making a lovely hurling noise and I ran to
> the pee pads to let him throw up there.  He threw up brown stuff
that
> had a slight odor around his mouth after.  He collapsed after that
> and wouldn't move from the spot, was even stepping in his vomit.  I
> picked him up and tried to get him to drink something.  He wouldn't
> have it.  He just looked at me so pathetically and I picked his
limp
> little body up and put him back on my chest where he promptly went
> back to sleep.  I made a mental note to call the vet's office
> Monday.  Well, no sooner had I thought that, he started in again
> about 20 minutes later and same thing but this time he was a LOT
> limper and just wasn't at all the way I think a puppy, even a teeny
> tiny one, should be.  I called the emergency clinic and they said
> bring him in so we did.  They did a test for Parvo as they said
even
> though he had had parvo vaccine from the breeder that it could have
> been ineffective as some people let them get warm and it's not
> effective or something like that.  Anyway, fine.  That was
negative.
> They took some blood and popped an IV in him and gave him some
> dextrose.  He pepped up with that and they are keeping him until
> tomorrow evening, she said, so they can see if they can get him to
> eat and what he'll eat and run some more tests.  She said he may
have
> to be on a different diet than my two Shih Tzus.  I have them
> switching right now from the Maxximum Choice stuff they sell at Wal-

> Mart to Bil Jac puppy food but he really doesn't seem to want
> anything to do with it much though he wolfed down a bowl of it the
> first day he was here.  I'm just worried about him and hope he's
okay
> and it is just a matter of finding a diet he will eat.  She said
his
> blood sugar was so low it didn't register so it was good I brought
> him in.  Pray for my tiny baby everyone!!   P.s. The vet assistant
asked if the other puppies acted okay and I
> had to admit that I only saw him and one other that was younger
than
> him as we met the lady at a McDonald's.  She lives on an army base
> and said that she "would hate for us to have to try to get on
base."
> The vet assistant said that, in the future, that should serve as a
> big red flag if they won't let you come to their house as something
> is usually amiss..dirty conditions..all the pups are
sick..whatever.
> I'm attached to this little guy though and I told them to do
> whatever.  Guesstimate was about $365 and I'm hoping it stays
around
> that and he doesn't have a blockage.  He's so tiny I don't know if
he
> could stand surgery.
>

> " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
> Join today! "

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.