Oh I don't really take much to heart on the internet as you can't
tell the tone of what a person is saying.  I just wonder about dogs
you see that were brought up on Purina and they live long lives.  I
believe my neighbors little toy poodle only ate canned Mighty Dog
back in the day and he lived to be 15 or 16 years old.  I looked and
looked until I was sick and nothing in the All Pet Supplies place I
go to looked all that great nor did anything at Petsmart and I don't
want to have to order something and wait for it to come really.  All
of the food in the stores either had corn meal as the first
ingredient or chicken as the first ingredient and then a bunch of
crud after it.  I didn't look at the stuff in the refrigerated
section at all because I wasn't sure I wanted to have to refrigerate
stuff all the time as the dogs are going to have to be shipped at the
end of this month from Missouri to California and I'm not sure how
refrigerated food would work. Bil Jack is vacuum packed and smells
great compared to the junk they were eating, even Chicken Soup for
the Dog Lover's Soul which I fed briefly to my Shih Poo didn't smell
that good.  My Persian I had growing up only ate Science Diet and now
I hear lots of people won't feed that for one reason or the other.
It always seems like some new "better" food is coming along.

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, Jen-CA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I raised Rotties on the same cheap stuff and lost them to Cancer.
Not saying it is bad and maybe you were lucky but since I have been
breeding I realized how horrible that cheap stuff is.  How often do
Dogs eat corn in the wild? I was not taking any jabs at all but the
little guys are a bit more delicate then your Dobie would you not
agree?  I have been breeding for many years and was just offering my
support an knowledge of the breed.  I feed RAW but I did not tell you
to try that.  I just recommended a higher quality food.  Bil Jack (in
my book) is not that high in quality.  I have researched many brands,
called processing plants, and really did my homework (hense the
reason I feed RAW)

>   Sorry if you took it the wrong way, being your first little guy
thought I would help.  Good luck with your baby, I hope he is feeling
better.