I was playing tug of war with one of mine, Yes I had it in my mouth as well lol, and I was shaking my head just like he was and I heard a SNAP! and out popped his retained tooth.  He acted as if nothing happened so I am assuming it did not bother him.  Once I started feeding bones, like ribs and soap bones, he lost his last k-9 baby tooth.

Jen-CA

ntvlawher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Personally, I think that my vet is way way overpriced. over $400.00
for his neuter alone. So I got a new vet, and we seem to have similar
outlooks on things.

As far as pain goes, I think Nubi is a real little trooper, and
tolerates well. He is willing to let me do anything too him. I
manipulate the molar every day and it is getting looser, I think I
will start doing this with the canines and see from there.

Is it common for people to wiggle out these teeth themselves?

DD.

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 4/3/2006 9:57:41 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> was at  the vet last week, and was given a $900+ estimate for having
> Nubi's four  baby canines and a stray molar pulled
>

> Yikes!  That is so high!  I don't understand  where that estimate is
even
> coming from. My Sophie's spay was only $140 (but she  got a bunch of
"add ons" so
> it was $207).  How could a vet estimate a  dental more than 4xs the
amount of
> a major abdominal surgery?  I know vet  work can be more in certain
cities,
> but still!

> Would Nubi have much pain from the teeth being  pulled?  I'm just
curious is
> why I'm asking.
> I know that many toy dog breeders handle the puppy  teeth pulling
themselves.