Hi  DD,
I have a 20 lb min pin named Vinny, along with two chi's Tiki & Moxi  - and my min pin is 1 1/2 yrs old and is querky (mild understatment) he suckles on blankets(okay my favorite red one- which i wasn't to happy about, but i gave in, as he sucked holes in it) he will go to bed with my hubby, but won't lay down untill I come to bed (for up to an hour sometimes) he is possesed about his toys - he will knock down anything to get to them if he thinks someone will play catch with him, but he doesn't actually play catch, he will bring it back to you - BUT WILL NOT LET GO OF IT FOR NOTHING - and he will keep it up for hours till you have to hide all his toys, because your to tired of playing with him, and pulling the toys away from him. If he's not trying to get you to play, he sulks and suckles, or has to be touching you at all times - my hubby says I babied him to much as a puppy - but I did the exact same things to my chi's(both female though) and they are majorly independant, except at night, they are on my lap for a few hours.really no tips for ya - just wanted to share the joys of min pins with ya- I've had two now- and I enjoy the quirkyness - he makes me laugh - oh one thing though - watch how much you feed them carefully - they tend to get very heavy and they are obsessed with food (any kind) mine will get up on the chairs and get on the kitchen table if I turn my head for a second.- but he IS  as my daycare kids now call him - A  BONEHEAD !!            LOL    Good Luck      Connie

ntvlawher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Bill,

Thank you for that post, you managed to articulate exactly why I feel
like the cap yelling is not usefull. I am part Canadian Indian, and in
my culture, you do not yell in anger or to stress meaning. My dogs
arn't yelled at, and my Chi, is so smart that when I put my hands on
my hips and say " Nubi, what have you done?" he pouts, ears back and
knows he has made a slip. (Brilliant tactic actually, it makes me not
want to scold..)

I also just rescued a Mini Pin recently, and he is adjusting well.
Although he is loving and gentle, I just don't see the same quizical
nature that my chi has. He is working hard though. HE is also an
insulin dependant diabetic, and I am learning that he requires not
necessarily more care than my chi, but different care.

If you have any minipin tips, let me know!

DD.

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 4/6/2006 10:15:54 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Sometimes you have
> to yell to get your point heard above all the  noise.
>

> <snip>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])  writes:

> One of the best things about having Tico in our family, is that he
moderates
> my anger and/or yelling. What is best about him, he shows me that,
My  anger
> isn't about communication, my yelling is about not being connected
to my
> source. It's fear, or at least that's how I see it.

> Tico just can't tolerate yelling, and I just bet my blood pressure has
> lowered just having him here. Indeed, He really is a great BIG (10
pound) gift  of
> God, and an example of love.

> This has been a long slow process for me, I was raised thinking that
yelling
> and anger were badges of courage. So, I have had to retrain myself,
slowly,
> step by step, to see that yelling isn't getting my voice heard, it's
abuse.
> I'm not attempting to throw stones, I'm just being honest about my
perception.

> Therefore, I ask our fellow group members, please don't yell in CAPS,
> online, but especially in this group. You might scare my
chihuahua/miniature