Bill:

The first thing to do is to change the group
settings so that new members will be automaticly
moderated when they join this group.

That will not affect current members and it is the
only sensible way to defeat the "join & post" tactics
of professional spammers.

I'm amazed that a dog group with this many members
is not being overwhelmed with SPAM already.

Bill Z
WRZ

events

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ok, I may have spoke to soon, BUT...
>
> I'm going to moderate this group, if it kills me!
> I may lose friends here on the group, who take it personal when I
ask  to stop a thread, that has become divisive.

> The group owner, Rose, Gave me the Moderator JOB and task, I knew
taking  it, that the being a group moderator is a thankless job,
Especially, When I  didn't start the group in the first place.

<snip>