Sandi, that's the same thing that I was finding when I was looking for a puppy. They told me they used CKC or APRI because it's cheaper to register with them than it is to register with AKC.

Kat

Sandi wrote:

What I'm finding in my Chi search - there are fewer and fewer AKC breeders. I'm not sure if it's because they are getting around some of the newer AKC rules or what.  But many of the breeders I've spoken to say both parents are AKC registered - but puppies are not. They use the APRI or ?? registries that to me - what's the point?  Talking to other people - they think when they buy a "registered" dog - they assume it's the AKC registry and that is not the case anymore. It's kind of deceiving to me.

If you are a breeder and use any of the newer registries instead of AKC, let me know why! I'm curious!

Sandi Spears

Breed charm dog italian Dog breed gift Dog breed t shirt
Dog breed charm Dog breed shirts Chihuahua