I don't crate train either as i am home all the time also,(own a daycare) but I use kidde gates and a kids play pen to keep my babies safe from the kids during the day, but if we do go somewhere with them, the chi's ride in a crate fine together, and Vinny has a car harness as he is a 20 lb min pin -- if he gets any bigger, he'll be able to use one of the kid's booster seats (Tee Hee)