No offense, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.
Lucy is 10 mos old. She was doing fine with her ferret potty box and
Pee Pads.. until she's outside her Graco playpen. She was doing it
in the box when I'd let her out to run around my office and the
second floor. I work at home. Lately, she does it any where she
thinks she can get away with it. She flat out refuses to do anything
outside. I could walk her all over the neighborhood at dusk. No
way.!! She doesn't like the feel of the patio under her feet so she
won't go in the backyard and she won't walk in the drive-way because
it's too hot. We live in Texas. She definately won't potty in the
grass. It might touch her bum. God forbid.!!

I leave the potty box out where she can see it. She can only go on
the second floor where I am. She's afraid of stairs and won't
venture down them. It's not like she doesn't know where the box is.
She'll run right to it, get in it, act like she peed... and as SOON
my back is turned I find a spot on the rug!!! I show it to her,
scold her and bring her to the box. The next time she might do it in
the box OR she might hide to do it someplace else.

She did have a much better track record. It's almost like she thinks
this is some kind of a game until she gets scolded. She will go in
the potty box 99.9% of the time, but that's when she's in her
playpen. Most times she will only poop in the box when she's running
round the house. She doesn't have issues about the wetness of the
pads. I've seen her dig in them for a wet, smelly spot to do it in.

Please help...or it's gonna be life in the pen for Lucy until she
can clean up her act.!!

Darlene
Lucy's Mum

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, GeorgiaPoetry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Ok,  Kana was such a good puppy.  Piddle pad trained.  Always on
the piddle pad.  Then.......*screeeeech*.  Abrupt halt.  Now she
pees/poops wherever and absolutely REFUSES to even step on the
piddle pad.  Soooo..... I started taking her outside with me
everytime I have a smoke.  I'll say, "Let's go potty" and she
does!!  YAY!!   BUT....... she doesn't bark so she hasn't figured
out how to tell me she needs to go.  Scratching at the door doesn't
work because I'm 76% deaf, I'd never hear her anyway.  Sooooo, I
bought a little box.....I thought I'd try that.  I sat her in
it, "let's go potty".  RUN AWAY!  SIgh......... so every hour I was
putting her in the litter box.... RUN AWAY!  Its like she is afraid
of it too.  I don't know what to do.  I don't want to keep her
crated all the time because I enjoy watching her play.  But I turn
my eyes for 5 seconds and she's done peed or pooped in the floor.
Good thing is I have hardwood floors but still.... I have got to
figure out

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WktRrD/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/MJOolB/TM