From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com] On
Behalf Of leigha2281
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Question about housetraining

I am still having the same problem with my almost 3month old, Marco. He pees
on the pads religiously..
and poops on them only if he is pened in and I'm out... but if I'm here he
will poop anywhere.. It's so frustrating.. I don't usually see him but all
of a sudden I smell it and have to go searching. He is just starting to go
outside to pee with my other dog.. but I'm not certain how to get him to
poop too. I don't want to keep him in his x-pen all day.. but someone told
me that until they are completely potty trained some puppies need the
discipline.

ANy other suggestions would be great! Tired of picking up the poop!

--- un_cory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]ca> wrote:

> Hey Christina!
>
> I have the same problem as you.. I leave Mercedes in her designated
> room, and when I get home, you can tell she's used her pad..
> Throughout the night, she'll go back to the room to pee on her pad,
> but she won't poop on it. It's baffeling. I catch her alot, and bring
> her to her puppy pads, and she looks at me funny, and doesn't go.. I
> keep putting her back, hoping she realizes that that's where she's
> supposed to go... After reading this thread I think it may be an
> attention thing.
>

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, Marie <angelica8713angel@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Well, you don't have to crate her. You could put
> her in an expen.
> Or tie her
> > to your waist so she's where you are and you know
> when she's going
> so you
> > can stop her. They don't necessarily automatically
> use pee pads -
> even if
> > they have the 'smell' to entice them to go. You
> need to train her
> to go on
> > it, the same as you train her to go to a 'certain
> spot' outside.
> And that's
> > going to be hard if you don't either catch her
> going and move her
> there OR
> > keep her enclosed somewhere where she doesn't have
> much choice but
> to use OR
> > keep her crated except when you remove her and put
> her on the pad -
> if she
> > uses it, she gets some freedom (under your
> watchful eye).
> >
> > There are some who always eventually go where
> they're not supposed
> to, even
> > though they're trained. I've heard that enough
> times on the list.
> But if you
> > have the time and guts to put into it, you have a
> better chance.
> IMO
> >
> > Marie
> >

> > On 11/8/06, Christina <rainasmiles@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, Ava isn't doing so well with the
> housetraining after all.
> (Ava is
> > > my longhair, 2 yr old Chi, adopted 1 month ago).
> > > I was wondering if anyone had any advice for us.
> > > Here's the situation:
> > > I feed her in the morning before work - 8:15am-
> then take her
> potty. She
> > > goes.
> > > I come home on my lunchbreak (no accidents) at
> 11:45 am- take
> her potty.
> > > She goes.
> > > I get home from work about 5:30 (no accidents) -
> take her potty.
> She goes.
> > >
> > > THEN the trouble begins. When I'm home, when my
> back is turned,
> [...]

~the Burbies

so proud of our Sailor

Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone
bill.

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for? __._,_.___

Chihuahua Chihuahua puppies for sale Chihuahua charm
Chihuahua gift Chihuahua housebreaking