You can be 100% sure your baby feels you're uncomfortable in that environment
and this apart won't help as he would react to the trainer same way as you do.
Besides this I don't think this a professional person...if you have any doubts
about the training a professional would explain and listen instead of giving
you commands!

Does she have a supervisor???? If she does talk to him/her and if she doesn't
ask for your money back and hire another trainer. About pushing a dog to do
something they don't want....it's totally nonsense to me. We want to make them
happy and they would do anything to make us happy too. If you force him to do
something he doesn't want to do he will do it to please you but would this make
him really happy?? Some dogs enjoy agility because they were breed to work like
that but as humans not every dog have the same stamina.

About you being over protective....... I think your six sense is telling you
how your baby feels like. I trust my guts, whenever I feel weird about
something is because something is just not right. Remember dogs and humans make
huge bonds and this includes our minds.

Dio benedice,
       Wilmary Nazario

"L'unica cosa stata necessaria per il trionfo della malvagita e affinche i
buoni uomini non faccia niente"