I got my 7 mo. puppy last Thursday (shipped from Indiana).  My friend
who has 3 dogs of her own asked me to bring my new puppy to her place
from the airport so she could help me out (as this is my first dog).
So I spent the night there.  Then I had to take my puppy to the vet
and she was hospitalized overnight.  My friend kept requesting that I
bring my little dog to her house so she could spent the week there and
take her meds and eat when I am at work.  I think a made a huge
mistake now because my puppy doesn't realize I am her Mother.  I am
going to take her home on Wednesday night to my place but I think
unfortunately my puppy has been bonding with my friend.  I HATE this
because as grateful as I am to my friend for doing this I am VERY
upset because my puppy looks for my friend constantly when she leaves
the room.  Even when I am holding her she wants my friend.  My friend
says the puppy knows I am her Mom because I come home every night but
I don't think this is true.  I was the one who picked her up from the
airport, took her to the vet, picked up from vet and have been driving
her around.

Also I don't think it is good that when my friend watches her all day
(she stays at home) she constantly picks her up or leaves her in the
room with her.  She is building up expectations for my puppy that I
can't possibly fulfill because I will be at work during the day and
only see my puppy after and before work.  I don't feel like my puppy
will bond with me or even like me when I take her home.  Please don't
think that I am ungrateful to my friend but I can't help but feel like
my friend has fallen in love with my puppy and is sabotaging my
relationship with her.  This isn't supposed to be this way.  Please help
I don't know how to create a bond with my new puppy now that has
mistakenly bonded with the wrong person.