  From: Zaniest1
  To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:12 AM
  Subject: [Chihuahuas] New Here... and a new Mommy!

  Hello all!  My husband surprised me with an early Valentine gift.  I would
like you all to meet Scooter.  My husband rescued him from a local animal
shelter.  One look and he knew I would love him.  You know what... he was
right!

  He's just the littlest thing - only weighs 2.5 pounds.  They told my husband
that they thought that he was full grown.  Does that sound right to you?  I'm
so excited about my new baby (as is my family).  He has such a sweet
personality.  I want to make sure I give him the best home ever.  I have a few
questions for the seasoned Chi parents.

    1.. What is the best food for these little guys.  I have a bigger dog, but
her food is BIG too.
    2.. What are the most common colors of Chi dogs?  I haven't seen many
Scooter's color.
    3.. I've read that they might not get along well with smaller children.
What are your experiences with that?
    4.. Do you normally keep your Chi dressed?  I know they like to be warm.
    5.. Any other words of wisdom for this new Mommy?
  Thanks, and I look forward to talking with you all!

  Jennifer