Ringworm....., ask your Vet if you can put a little Fungal Crème ( lamisil ) on
the spot.........most of the time it helps
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Newt Carlson
  To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2007 6:07 AM
  Subject: [Chihuahuas] Bare spot on top of head

  My Chi-min-pin mix has a spot right on top of his head that is
  hairless and seems to be getting worse. I've had him to the vet twice
  for this ($375.00 worth) and they don't know what it is. They first
  thought it was a fungus or mange but it didn't respond to the
  medicine. They have done two scrapings and found nothing. Yesterday
  they did a complete blood work-up ($90.00) and I'm still awaiting the
  results of that. I think I will be switching vets soon. Anybody had
  similar experience?