You have a great vet Emi. Good luck with Isabella.

Donna
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Emi-Mail
  To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 8:15 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Getting my Chi Chi to eat

  Liz,

  Isabella had bad diarrhea that ended up being a food allergy.  She is 7
months old but what my vet is having me give her is equal parts of pumpkin,
sweet potato, oatmeal, raw or lightly cooked organic turkey or chicken. He also
has me add a little organic chicken broth, a little ginger, some ground flax
seed and salmon oil.  Even though when I added plain yogurt she started having
problems again he wants me to start back giving her  about 1 teaspoon a day in
with her food which I will start tomorrow.  Eventually he wants me to add
blueberries.  This has really helped her.  My previous vet kept throwing
medication at her that did not help one bit.  He is all for raw organic meat as
he said you don't see dogs in the wild cooking their meat.  I will always be
grateful to him for helping Isabella.  He is hoping one day she will be able to
  Small Bits.

  I hope this may help you and your little baby gets better,

  Emi