  From: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Heather Ferrier
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 4:21 PM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] Chihuahua puppy

          so what do you know about timing? lol its been so long since i was a
vet tech, i cant remember how the timing goes as far as uterin horns and eggs.

    she tied with my shihtzu on a sunday, about 2 hours before i was going to
take her to the chihuahua stud...of course... so after yelling "NOOOO HOW COULD
YOU???!!" for about 2 days i took her to the other stud.

    my thinking is that she released eggs from one horn, was bred by my
shihtzu, then in 48 hours was already releasing eggs from the other horn and
theyre going to be pure chis.  the vet said she has pups in both horns, but i
didnt think to question my theory when i was there.  does this sound likely or
am i just pulling it out of my butt? lol

    thanks,

    Heather

e Bloise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

            Only one sperm can fertilize an egg.  So the dog with either be
from one sire or another.  Once the sperm penetrate the outer layer of the egg,
the egg creates a chemical layer that does not allow another sperm to
penetrate.  – em J