why dose it matter if the dogs are purebreds?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Heather Ferrier
  To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 1:39 PM
  Subject: [SPAM] Re: [Chihuahuas] Chihuahua puppy

  well, i'm not going to worry too much about dna tests.  i havent even decided
if i'm going to register the litter.  i think i'll sell the ones i'm sure are
pure bred as unregistered chihuahuas and the ones i'm not sure on i'll call
mutts.  course there will be some that are obvious mutts , and well, i'll call
them mutts too, lol.  the silly thing is i'll probably get more for the
"designer" shi chis than i will the pure ones.  my biggest concern is knowing
which is which as soon as possible.  i love being able to take payments and i
usually start advertising them at 2 or 3 weeks old so people with tight budgets
can put them on "layaway".  i live right in the middle of the bible belt (in
MO) and honestly its more appropriately called the poverty belt.  no offense to
my wonderful state, but its true.  so if i want to sell locally, and i really
do, i have to make it obtainable to locals.   anyway, i'm off subject.
  i am excited about having puppies, but on the same token, i'm not very fond
of breeding designer dogs.  i prefer to stick to purebreds and attempt to
improve the breed with every litter instead of mixing them all up... just my
take on it.
  but i will love my puppies no matter what and someone will take them and make
them apart of their family and love them too and thats what counts. :)
  blessings,
  heather

  marsha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Jumping in on the tail end of all this discussion, Em is right, a pup can
only have one father, but a multi pup litter can be sired by more than one
father.  The AKC does allow multiple sire registration, but I THINK they
require DNA to see which father goes with which pup....It can become expensive,
but in fact many top show breeders do intentionally do this in order to get
pups from different ch. sires. If the sires are dna'd (and most champion sires
are) then it is just a matter of them dnaing each pup, matching the pups to the
dads and paying the multiple sire registration fees. Each pup only has one
sire, but littermates can have multiple sires.
    Marsha