My vet was great. The stitches were neat. And he recovered really nicely. He was already marking for about 2 weeks when he was neutered. I also worried if he was ever going to stop. Including the humping!

But you know what, when we got him that day after the procedure, he immediately lifted his leg to pee at my couch and humped at my arm that night. I was so disappointed. But then I also read that it takes a while for the hormones to disappear.

It's been almost 3 weeks now and he has never marked or humped since that day after the surgery. And I realized that I guess, when I brought him home, his painkillers were still somewhat in effect so he lifteed his leg and humped me. Later that night though, he was a bit tender when sitting so I guess the painkillers wore off already. And because he was healing, he couldn't lift his leg or hump. For 3-4 days he was tender and sensitive, unable to be very active or lift his leg. And that made him forget to lift and hump completely!