Well, I'm pretty new at it too, but here's what I know:

>From the day she first starts bleeding, count 11 days.  Around that time is
when she will accept a male.  She will typically let the male breed with her
for 3-5 days.  After that, he's done.

For now, once she gets past that 3-5 day window, the male ought to settle
down.  It would be a good idea to keep them separated though, for an
additionall few days just to be sure.  She will still be swollen, but it
will start to go down after that.

I don't know of a good way to stop him from whining after her because that's
just what they do...LOL

Good luck with it.  She'll be fine in a few days.  I have two females that
came in heat at the same time a couple of weeks ago. What fun!

--
The best way to clean your Chi's ears...get another Chi.