Thanks for the tips and assurance. At least I know, it'll get better!

Bobby is the opposite though.  I was giving him dry kibbles which he
gulps, which gives him gas, which gives him the runs.  The vet then
recommended a Prescription canned food to slow him down since it's
stickier.  After the can runs out, (which is tomorrow!), the vet
recommends that I still wet his food so it's harder to slurp (because
it's heavier with water).  Hopefully, I can transition him to dry
kibbles which is better for his teeth.  But I'm in no hurry because I
need him to learn to eat slow first!

My other pup, the older one never had a problem with his eating...if
not my worrying that he isn't eating enough because he doesn't finish
his food.  Turns out, I was feeding him too much and he has some
sense of control to stop when he's full.