bravo crystle! for wondering enough to read more about the nutrition we give 
our beloved pets...raw feeding is way more than a "fad" as some might think... 
its been around for ever. it doesn't get much press cause it wont make vets or 
kibble companies any money... its the very best we have to offer dogs ... they 
are meat eaters not corn and grain eaters which is what kibbles are mostly made 
of... and the one the vet put you on is all corn!!!! dogs do not do well on 
corn . we wonder why they have rotten teeth and breath by the time3 they are 2 
yrs old? corn is sugar! ....any way i started my 8 week old chi on ground 
chicken quarters. you cant just but it you have to get it ground BONE and all 
as they need the bone. after a couple weeks of just that add chicken livers.... 
the rule3 is 80% meat-10%bone-10% organ which includes 1/2 of that being liver.
this plan by its self is better than all kibbles even the highest dollar 
kibbles. ... after a couple months on this plan add ground beef and fish once a 
week or so... or mix into the quarter mix ... ill make a large ground mix of 
chicken quarters (10lb bag)chicken, one pound of chicken livers, one lb fatty 
ground beef. this is perfect food  for any dog. every and all vitamines, amino 
acids, minerals...complete... mix well smush into ice trays , freeze...next day 
put all cubes into ziploc bag for easy feeding...  take out a cube thaw and 
feed . take out the next couple to thaw for next meal later that day...an 8 
week old is eating 2-3 cubes per 24 hour day....no vet knows k-9 
nutrition...its not taught in vet school... and why support something that will 
keep dogs fron getting badteeth, bad skin, yeasty ears, kidney failure, heart 
disease...etc... we are what we eat ... its not just a saying lol
darcy.  
--- On Wed, 7/28/10, lovinrats <[email protected]> wrote:


From: lovinrats <[email protected]>
Subject: [Chihuahuas] I was wondering about Raw feeding.
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 10:04 AM


  



I was wondering if someone could tell me what raw feeding is? I have never 
heard of it until I joined this group. If it's better for the dogs...then I am 
all for it. I have a 9 week old chi. I have finally got her off of wet food. My 
vet recommended Purina one puppy chow for dry. That's what I have been feeding 
her. I have started to do research on dog food. None of it sounds to healthy. 
So, I thought I'd ask about raw feeding.
Thank you so much for any information.
Crystal 









      

Reply via email to