I would never feed bones that have been cooked. Too easy to splinter and
choke. Dogs eat the bones whole by chewing them down

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Joyce mccarthy
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:04 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] I was wondering about Raw feeding.




I haven't done the bones added since not sure which to use let alone
chopping them up..I know some use the chicken bones boiling them down to
about nothing to soften..I will have to check the site out..Thanks for
sharing



On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Deanna Corey <[email protected]>
wrote:


  



Go to www.rawlearning.com
It is the easiest thing in the world...raw meat with 10% of that being raw
meaty bones...not weight bearing...can be ground or whole...a few organ
meats a few times a week in small quantities. I feed 7 dogs...2 Monsters and
5 littles and I spend LESS than a good kibble...have WAY less waste to pick
up, save a fortune on teeth cleaning/breath odor products, way less vet
bills, GREAT skin and coats...and I have my Saturdays free to play instead
of making dog food for the week...I just buy bulk on sale at the local
grocery store...watch for sales, re-package in individual portions
(Zip-locks), mark/date, keep out a few days worth...freeze the rest. I pull
out a days worth after each feeding and let thaw in fridge. SUPER simple and
the very BEST for the dogs...no recalled kibble to worry about!!
 
Hugs In Him,
Deanna

And the Corey Crew:

Wife to my best friend: Mark-ie Pooh...married 29 years 6/27/10
Mom to 4 Children: Andrea 26, Jimmy 22, Baxter 19 and Molly 11
Grandma to 4: Lori, Evelyn Rose, Jack and Cameron

Mom to Fur babies:
Nugget (MiniPoodle)www.dogster.com/dogs/1085245,
Shuai-Li (Shih Tzu)www.dogster.com/dogs/1129251,
Bella-Rose (Pomeranian)http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1136706
Mouse (Chihuahua)www.dogster.com/dogs/1005934,
Myrtle May (Chihuahua)
and Caleb (Rott/chow mix)www.dogster.com/dogs/988612

Mom to feathered kids: Stella (Blue and Gold Macaw) and Stanley (Double
Yellow Headed Amazon)

and the curtain climber: Miles www.catster.com/cats/895000 



  _____  

From: Joyce mccarthy <[email protected]>

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, July 29, 2010 7:18:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] I was wondering about Raw feeding.

  

It is if you only have a few dog's not economical for me though...Now in the
fall they do get a lot of venison and venison thru the year..they love it..



On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM, dasha <dash...@hughes. net
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:


  



Raw diet done right needs nothing added to it. There is so much mis
information out there about this please don't add to it. I have fed both
ways and IMO raw is cheaper 
 
Sheila

  _____  

From: chihuah...@yahoogro ups.com <mailto:[email protected]>
[mailto:chihuah...@yahoogro ups.com <mailto:[email protected]> ] On
Behalf Of Joyce mccarthy
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:36 AM
To: chihuah...@yahoogro ups.com <mailto:[email protected]> 
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] I was wondering about Raw feeding.


It's quite complicated actually as there are certain things you have to add
to the RAW diet to keep them balanced..My suggestion if you want to feed a
food like that would be go with an all natural or holistic dry food..I have
used taste of the wild and several of the Wellness brands it's pricey but in
the long run..So is feeding the RAW diet...Now I do cook for mine more so in
winter months or if one isn't putting the weight the on..I like to keep the
satin (fat) balls on hand for those as well..I agree do lot's of research on
the B.A.R.F diet as it is called...


On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:04 AM, lovinrats <lovinr...@yahoo. com
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:


  

I was wondering if someone could tell me what raw feeding is? I have never
heard of it until I joined this group. If it's better for the dogs...then I
am all for it. I have a 9 week old chi. I have finally got her off of wet
food. My vet recommended Purina one puppy chow for dry. That's what I have
been feeding her. I have started to do research on dog food. None of it
sounds to healthy. So, I thought I'd ask about raw feeding.
Thank you so much for any information.
Crystal 






-- 
Joyce







-- 
Joyce







-- 
Joyce






Reply via email to