I do not think there is anything disrespectfull about calling an orange
and orange.....a mixed breed dog, a mutt, a heinze 57....those are all
terms used to describe a dog that is anything other than a
purebred.....and mutts can be the best most loyal dogs ever!! My email
addy, Ruffles, is in honor of a childhood heinze 57 that was the best dog
I have ever had, hands down.

But somewhere along the line someone got the bright idea that if they bred
two different breeds together and give them a cute name, they could make
money. And they have done just that. Hence the "designer breeds"....two
pure bred dogs bred together to creat one new "breed"

The fact that this is a money based breeding is, imo oppinion, that bad
thing about it all. But, at the same time, there actually is a legitimate
basis (rarely) for cross breeding. Many of our currently recognised full
bred breeds were once a cross breed between two different breeds. But
those situations were, imo, different from todays designer breeds. Those
cross breedings of yesterday were done with a specific purpose/goal, lots
of research, and lots of time before they ever became recognised. Many AKC
recognised breeds are a result of cross breeding years ago.

MArsha

> I am very uneducated on the topic of breeding and will never participate
> in breeding as my little Frida was spayed today.  My question is this-
> what are designer dogs.  I've heard of puggles, chiweenies, and
> labradoodles.  I thought crosses were what are called mutts or Heinz
> 57's.  I love mixed breed dogs too.  I'm not trying to be disrespectful
> to anyones dog if you own or like these dogs.  It's just confusing to
> me.
>
> Rylee



This email contains correspondence from an attorney and may contain
privileged information. If you are not the intended receipient, please
delete.

Do not tell god how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your God is.

http://taylorstots.tripod.com/




------------------------------------

" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! 
Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to