What I have done in that situation is use Pedialyte.

I put Pedialyte in Dolly & Desi's water bowls (about 15% Pedialyte) in the
warmer months.

The first time that I used the Pedialyte, Dolly was probably 12 or 13 months
old and was dehydrated.  I was using a syringe to get fluids into her and
then I thought about Pedialyte.  My vet said it is OK, and it is also a good
idea to add some to the water in the summer

You can buy a bottle - even the generic kind - and if you don't have a
syringe get one at your local pharmacy.  Then put as much as you can in the
syringe.  If you insert the syringe on the side of her mouth there are no
teeth on the bottom, so you can fit it in and slowly push the fluid into her
mouth.  Dolly & Desi love the grape flavor and the fruit flavor that I get
in Walgreens.

Dolly is a free feeder and always has been.  Buy some kibble and leave that
for her to be able to eat in between her other meals.  It may be as simple
as that - that she is a free feeder and you really can't change that.  She
may be very thin, but that might just be because she doesn't really eat very
much.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Joan