From: freddyscribbles
Date: 5/5/2011 3:23:58 PM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: Help! Not drinking/eating

She's peeing okay. But the skin test still suggests she's relatively
dehydrated. Being in the desert probably isn't helping.

I think the routine will probably be 4-6ml pedialyte in the morning. Warm
water with a tiny bit of honey in the evening. And plane water twice daily
in between.

Unfortunately, there was relatively little information available at the
shelter. I have no idea what her feeding schedule is. She does look a lot
heavier in her shelter photo which must have been taken soon after she
arrived.

At the moment, she's about 4lbs. She's not dangerously thin. But she could
definitely use a bit more weight on her.

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, Peggy & The Girls <phrpg5@...> wrote:

> Right after Gigi's spaying/teeth extractions, (last Sept) she refused to
> drink anything for 3 months. I think it was because she may have had a
> seizure either during or after surgery and it did something to her brain.
> say that, because a week after her surgery she did started to have
seizures,
> which now are under control and hasn't had any for several months.
>
> The only way to prevent dehydration, was to soak her dry food with warm
> water and let it sit for 10 minutes so that it was soft.
> Plus I usually added a little bit of canned dog food. Canned dog food is
> loaded with water, but not a weight gainer.
> It is also a good way to feed them when their teeth are bothering them.
They