Hi, I just joined recently. I adore small dogs, and I volunteer at the animal
shelter here in Berkeley CA just so I can be with them.

Since you're obviously such a nice group of people, I want to ask your help.
I'm trying to get my landlady to let me have a dog. I'm 60, and my psychiatrist
wrote a letter saying that I have a "qualifying disability" that "impairs" my
life and that I need a therapy dog. She's fighting me tooth and nail, and
sadly, she's in the right, because as of March therapy dogs are no longer
covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act.

I don't want to sound rude, but please do not send me any responses with
quotations from the law, because I've spent hours combing through the ADA laws,
California State laws about seniors and pets, and Berkeley Municipal Codes. In
strict legal terms, I have no right to a pet in my apartment till I'm 62.

What I'm asking all you for is, in whatever way is yours, to pray and/or
visualize me with a sweet little dog. I'm a mature, loving, professional woman
and have the resources and support to give a dog a wonderful life. So please
send your energy and prayers for me and my future little friend. I don't if
it's possible to soften my landlord's heart. I really doubt it.

Sincerely,
Jude