From: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Crystal Thirion
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:50 PM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Snookie

Well my little 5 month old chihuahua, Snookie woke up this morning and wouldn't
eat or drink anything. Usually she eats like a horse. All she wanted to do was
lay down and she was shivering. So I took her to the vet. He said he didn't
know how she was even alive. He confirmed that she does have hydrocephalus and
her skull is not developed. He said her bottom jaw also didn't develop. She's
way under size and weight, she's 1.8 pounds and her teeth haven't come in
except molars. He also said she has a hole in her heart but wasn't sure how
undeveloped it was. Her lungs are good tho. So she was running a fever of 103.4
and he said it could be just an infection of some sort or it could be the heart
or hydrocephalus starting to

cause problems. He put her on antibiotics and said to give her pedialyte but
not to expect much because she wasn't going to be alive much longer probably.
He said you could spend $20,000 and she still might not make it. So I gave her
the meds and pedialyte and took a nap with her. As soon as we woke up she was
wanting to eat and drink and play. She is definitely a miracle baby. My little
freak of nature lol

Crystal

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=247842/grpspId=1705042508/msgId=73022/stime=1317954048/nc1=5191953/nc2=5758223/nc3=5898818>