 To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
From: phr...@optimum.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:11:51 -0500
Subject: [Chihuahuas] I think I created a monster!

This is too funny. Princess is a finicky eater, and every once in a while she
refuses to eat her kibble all day, so I tried bribery. I told her if she ate
her food then she would get a biscuit. She really understood that, because I
gave her her dish and she walked away. Then I held up a biscuit but shoved the
dish under her and told her to eat, and then the biscuit. I did that a couple
of times, and she finally got it. I also had to repeat  that a couple of days
in a row, but it worked. Now last night and again tonight, I let her out to do
her business first and then fed her. Both times she guzzled it up and then just
sat there staring at me to the point that I told her to go to her bed. I hate
it when they just stare at you for the longest time, like I am suppose to be a
doggie mind reader, LOL. Anyway, she went to her bed and then came back again,
and just stared and stared. I thought maybe she has to go again, so we did that
and she didn't have to go. Then she sat and stared and stared and stared again.
I asked her "Princess what the heck do you want?" She just sat there staring,
and cocking her head from side to side, as if to say, ''hey can't you read my
mind?''

Then I realized..... She ate her food and now she wants to be rewarded for
being a good girl!.....Duh me!! I guess doggie mind reading does work..LOL!
I gave her a biscuit and now she is nice and comfy and asleep on her bed! I
guess this is going to be a forever thing now. I created a cookie monster, lol!!

Giggles,
Peggy