From: alexisandtim_fl
Date: 2/16/2012 8:56:36 PM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: Amigo - he's back!

I think the old fashioned flea powders actually had sevin in it - smelled
similar -yuk! Well, washed it off really good. Will call vet in morning -
they will probably see him tomorrow - will need salve for his eyes. The skin
darkening I mentioned on another post - it's all his skin that I can see but
I looked at pictures and I guess the inside of ears were dark - just seems
darker to me - will mention to vet. He's perking up more now from the fear
he had earlier, has eaten and tail is starting to wag a little. Will see
what tomorrow brings.

What I find interesting is the man that brought him has one dog and says he
battles fleas all the time and nothing gets rid of them yet I rarely have a
flea problem unless a stray shows up with them. Must be their good food and
such. Hopefully they will ALL healhty again soon. The puppy that showed up
and made him run away (pretty much an Aussie) is doing quite well.

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, Peggy & The Girls <phrpg5@...> wrote:

> I am so happy for you that he is back home again. SEVIN!! I would get him
> the vet ASAP for a complete check up, and hope and pray that stuff didn't
> poison him! To my knowledge that is an insecticide for plants and not for
> animals. He is going to need a special blood test to see how much of that
> stuff is in his system and treatment if any. No I would definitely not
give
> him any HW meds or anything until the Vet says you can. What's wrong with
> those people??!! Ugh!
>
> I also hope that you fool proof your yard and not let him out in it again
> unless he is on a long leash.

He