I have never had a weight problem with any of my animals on high protein. Now the high carbs have been a different story. Only thing I notice on the high protein is their stool is softer..less filler to bind it.
________________________________ From: Peggy & The Girls <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:38 PM Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] blue freedom dogfood new safe for chis Ahh but there is a difference in the way proteins are absorbed in the body, and that depends on what type of protein source it is. Raw food digest much faster in a dogs systems because it is loaded with enzymes. Raw fed dogs have a much lighter color stool and the stool once passed even disintegrates faster then kibble protein. It takes much longer for an animal or a human to digest and have the proteins broken down from beef then it does from chicken or turkey. Some types of proteins can actually interfere in the absorption of certain vitamins and minerals and medicines. They each have there own job to do in the digestion and absorption in the body. Kibble dog food is sooo processed that it does take three times longer to digest then raw foods, which is why a dog that has a liver or kidney problem that isn't functioning correctly has a much harder time digesting and distributing proteins throughout the body, because all proteins pass through the liver first. Proteins come from many different types of food, not just meat. Not all proteins are a like! The more active a dog is the quicker the dog digest proteins and burns them up, same thing with people. So for a couch potatoe type dog, it is a fact that too high a protein only makes the liver work twice as hard trying to absorb and distribute them through out the system within a 24 hour period. Just for the record, I have also learned that for dogs that have seizures, a lower protein diet can also reduce the severity and amount of seizures that a dog can have, whether they have a liver issue or not. I know that this is true of Gigi and many other people who have seizure dogs. Peggy -------Original Message------- From: Pam Dean Date: 3/28/2012 11:04:13 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] blue freedom dogfood new safe for chis I use Fromm Grain free..Truthfully I don't see any advantage to grains..they just cause allergies. Unless your dog has a medical condition limiting his protein consumption, I don't think there is such a thing as Protein being too high. Some people raw feed(Hi Rebecca lol) and that is mostly protein. ________________________________ From: Randi Grennan <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:02 PM Subject: [Chihuahuas] blue freedom dogfood new safe for chis is BLUE Freedom Grain-Free Chicken Recipe safe for small breeds better than the non grain free. I see they have it in the bite size and I like it has no grain this is what they say is in it wasn't sure if the protein is to high thanks Randi Guaranteed Analysis Crude Protein 26.0% min Crude Fat 15.0% min Crude Fiber 7.0% max Moisture 10.0% max Calcium 1.2% min Phosphorous 0.9% min Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 0.25% min Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 2.5% min L-Carnitine* 100 mg/kg min Glucosamine* 400 mg/kg min Chondroitin Sulfate* 300 mg/kg min

