I am Diana from Washington. I have written about Kiko (7 yr) and Pawko (8 mo).
previously.  Today I took Pawko to the vet. My Vet is really strict (boot camp
type)  I have not had the opportunity or taken the time to train Pawko. He is
energetic but does listen when I tell him something. The vet trimmed his nails,
(Pawko was crying the whole time loudly) They took his temp. They layed him on
his side (?) to give him his shot. He bit her, like a real bite, hard and
invasive. She told me that when he comes in or goes anywhere to be sure
to tell them to muzzle him. Then she said, I need to train him properly
or get rid of him and give him to someone who can. That it would allow him
to be the best dog he can be. She said that if this dog bites a little kid, I
will be in big trouble. Am I wrong ~ or did she irritate the heck out of
him and he was scared and bit her ~ or is he a biter?? She said that I need to
get rid of one of my dogs if they fight all the time.
(just at dinner time and bedtime). Obiously I cried all the way home thinking
that I had let this little guy down by not teaching him how to act so that
he would not get in trouble.  What do you think??? I need some sensible
opinions.  Do you think this little guy was provoced??
Thank youso much,  Diana