From: Susanne Defoe
Date: 05/10/13 21:51:07
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] How can I get rid of tear stains?

I too have been struggling with this with our Rico.  I have tried Angel Eyes
which has a weak antibiotic in it.  I have tried switching to filtered water
 changing diet and herbal remedies.  The vet tested his tear ducts this week
and they are totally plugged.  He needs eye drops for 10 days to see if they
will get better.  If no improvement will need t look at diet more closely.
Vet said some food dyes can make it worse so may need to change to a
hypoallergenic diet.  I will be interested in hearing what others have done.
Sue

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM, greatful_n_happiness <sober512@earthlink