Gloria,
Thank you so much for your help. I have never had a reallly small dog and wanted to start him off right. BTW, we are in Texas too, in Cypress. Love it here!
God bless you,
Lyn

From: "twope...@aol.com" <twope...@aol.com>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] new Chi owner

You can Google ratings on most dog foods.  There are so many.  I live in Texas and when I found that Merrick, which is rated well, is made in Texas I decided to try it.  We started with the puppy food, my little guy is now 4 years old and now eats a Buffalo meat and sweet potato blend, he loves it.  Check the ingredients the first 3 or 4 are the most important, stay away from a formula that has lots of gains.  Find one he likes, then limit the amount you feed him to about 1/3 of a cup, divided into two servings (if he's a baby, he might need 3 feedings).  Good luck.  I am Gloria in Central Texas with Emiliano, a long coat.

Gloria